Thursday, October 2, 2014

I Can't Believe How Few Addresses I Have These Days




Hello!  

I recently decided I need a goal and a project. I also know I do best with BIG goals and projects. I decided to help find a cure for cancer with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) and joined their training and fundraising program called Team in Training (TNT). As part of TNT, on January 18 I will run 13.1 miles at the Star Wars Half Marathon at Disneyland in California!

The mission of TNT and LLS is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life for patients and their families. They are making wonderful strides in the survivorship rate for blood cancers by funding over 200 select researchers worldwide. They are developing miracle drugs, such as Gleevec (funded solely by TNT participants). This is a successful alternative to traditional chemotherapy for chronic myelogenous leukemia patients, and it is also being positively tested on many other forms of cancer.

My goal is to raise $2,500.00 of which 100% is tax deductible and 75 cents out of every dollar benefits The Society and its mission. My heart, mind, and muscles will help me accomplish the physical goal of completing the marathon, but accomplishing my financial goal cannot be done without your help. 

You can track my running and fundraising progress at http://runlikeajedi.blogspot.com/

Perhaps you are thinking, training for a half-marathon and curing cancer? That’s crazy! Then donate $50, $100, or $500!! Maybe you could donate $13.10 for each mile. However, no matter how large or how small, every little bit helps, and every donation is greatly appreciated. Also, every donation that is at least $5 is a tax write-off. If you are able to support me in this mission with a financial donation, please donate using a debit or credit card at my online fundraising website:


If it is more convenient, you may also make a check or money order out to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and mail it to me at: Krista Neal 1123 W. Will Rogers Stillwater, OK 74075. 

Even if you do not make a donation, please visit my blog and view my training progress. I update it often with the amount of mileage I ran and how I performed. I need all of the encouragement I can get. 

If you have any questions, contact me at kristakaye@hotmail.com or call me at 405-418-6325. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter and helping me to save lives one mile at a time. I hope you are all doing well and look forward to hearing from you soon!

Love and kisses,

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment