Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Current Fundraising Events

Here are ways you can currently make a difference in the lives of people with leukemia, lymphoma and their families:
 
1. Join us for a Wine and Palette event in Stillwater, OK on November 14, 6:00pm - 8:00 pm.  Here is a link to register: http://www.wineandpalette.com/Class_Detail.asp?CalID=3604 $20 of your registration goes directly to Team in Training. 
 
We are going to paint this on Friday.  Yes, you can do it.  No, it will not look exactly like this.  Yes, it will still be something you love and can be proud of. 

 
 
By the way, if you are not in Oklahoma, YOU CAN STILL HELP!!!  Everything else I am going to list here you can do from the comfort of your home in your jammies, with a cat on your lap (is that just me? )
 

 
2. If you're reading this, and it is still November 12, go check out my Stella and Dot Trunk Show at http://www.stelladot.com/ts/2o426 The show ends today, but Sarah (another teammate, Go Team) is running it and she's in California.  You might be able to sneak in before she closes the show.   
 
You need some of these.  Or maybe, if you're like me, you needed three.  Can you see the "E" in the clover?  I love initial stuff and especially stealthy initial stuff.  Of course I got KEZ. 
 
3. Buy a raffle ticket from anywhere at http://pages.teamintraining.org/vtnt/starwr15/knealf.  ANY donations made between now, and 4 pm on Friday the 14th means a raffle ticket.  Each ticket is $1.  If you donate at least $5 Team in Training will send you a donation form for your taxes.  If you live anywhere else, of course I will send you your prize. 
 
Here are some of the things I'm raffling off:
 
- A seriously gorgeous black/white/red lap quilt.  Really, it's incredible.  My sister-in-law is amazing
-A purple scarf, also made by the amazing sister-in-law
-Han Solo Encased in Carbonite crayons
-An Ewok coin purse
-Wine and Palette is bringing some art to donate, and they might have gift cards too
-A spiffy baked potato bag; you know, those things you can use to microwave a potato, and it tastes like you baked it for hours.  I also have a pretty amazing and crafty aunt.
-A $10 McDonald's gift card.  I won it at Monopoly (which for some reason cracks me up).  I'm offering it for the raffle
-Anything else I come up with between now and then

 
Seriously people, you're going to want to win this quilt! 
4. Buy a raffle ticket at the Wine and Palette event.  Tickets will be $2 then, and I can take cash,  checks, and credit cards.  If you're coming to the event, buy a raffle ticket now, and get more bang for your buck! http://pages.teamintraining.org/vtnt/starwr15/knealf





Here's another way to help families, which is NOT related to Team in Training (so I can't take credit cards, and the donations are not tax-deductible).  At the Wine and Palette event I will have two donation jars, one for Ainsley Peters and one for Austin Hooten, both kids who live in Stillwater.  Bring your pennies and dollars and anything to give directly to two families affected by leukemia and lymphoma. 

Ainsley is 5 and has been battling leukemia for over a year.  I plan to just hand the jar and whatever donations are in it to Ainsley's parents. 

Austin is 12 and was diagnosed with lymphoma two weeks ago.  I'll take all of the donations to the fund set up for the family at SNB. 




So there you have it.  If you want to donate a penny or a zillion dollars, you can do it.  If you want to help a local family, you can do it.  If you want to support the mission of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, you can do it.  Whatever is the right type of donation for you, is the right donation for LLS. 


love and kisses,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment