Thursday, December 11, 2014

I Don't Know That You Fully Understand My Excitement

On Saturday night I did my long "run".  I walked it.  Coach Lauren says that's ok, because I walk faster than I run.  Awesome (read that in sarcasm font).  Whatevs. 

Here's the super duper extra incredibly cool thing: my last miles were my fastest.  Yay!  For once I didn't start fast (of course, "fast" is a relative term) and slog my way to the finish.  Seriously.  This is HUGE!  My last long run when I did 10 miles I nearly cried the last 1.5.  Brandon had to come get me and encourage me on.  Saturday night I finished strong and could have done more.  Really huge.

I am so very, very proud of me. 

Also.  The long run on Saturday was cool because I didn't have to spend all day on Sunday recovering.  The schedule doesn't always work for me to spend 3 hours "running" on Saturday, but it's nice when it works out.  Although, I have had some lovely Sunday mornings too.

I'm going to have to get faster because if I'm slow I'm going to run out of Serial before I run out of training miles.  There's a pretty good motivator for you.


Here's the other thing that's super duper extra incredibly cool thing: I have the most wonderful financial donors.  Really.  People I see all the time and can really pester.  People I haven't seen in 20 years and are released from serious pestering.  People I only see at funerals (you know who you are).  People I don't even know IRL.  All kinds of friends who are helping me on this journey.  The words "thank you" aren't strong enough.  If you haven't gotten one yet, you'll get a thank you card in the mail, but even actual physical mail isn't a strong enough THANK YOU.  I don't even know how to say it so that you all know how much I mean it.  THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!  Does "Thank you Easter Bunny. Bock Bock" cut it?  I can't thank you enough.

And if you're at home and want actual, physical mail that a person brings to your house, here is the link to my fundraising page: http://pages.teamintraining.org/vtnt/starwr15/knealf




Technically, I'm gonna let the wookie win the race, but I'm already winning.


No comments:

Post a Comment