Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Newest Fundraising Letter

Want a copy of my latest fundraising letter?  You could have this in your hands.  With BONUS Star Wars stickers!!  Send me your address and I'll send real, tactile mail.  


Donate you must.  Encourage you will.




Have you heard? I’ve signed up to complete the Star Wars Half Marathon at Disneyland on January 18, 2015. I’m working with Team in Training (TNT) to help fund cancer support and research through The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  

The mission of TNT and LLS is to cure blood cancers and improve the quality of life for patients and their families. They are making great strides in the survivorship rate for blood cancers by funding over 200 researchers worldwide. They are developing miracle drugs, such as Gleevec (funded solely by TNT participants). This is a successful alternative to traditional chemotherapy, and it is also being positively tested on many other forms of cancer.

My financial goal is to raise $2,500.00 of which 100% is tax deductible and 78 cents out of every dollar benefits The Society and its mission (the other 22% benefits TNT). If you give a dollar for each mile, or $13.10, then I will easily meet my fundraising goal. How about a dollar for every mile I have run during training? Today that’s $135.00. The deadline for fundraising is coming up very quickly, December 31, 2014. 

 
My running goal is to finish the half marathon in the allowed time. Some days I’m a little closer to that goal than others, but I’m still doing very well. When I started this journey in September I did not run. Ever. I wanted one of those “0.0” stickers for my car. Now I “run” (with lots of walking) most days. My heart, mind, and muscles will help me accomplish the running goal, but accomplishing my financial goal cannot be done without you!

You can track my running and fundraising progress at http://runlikeajedi.blogspot.com/.

Every little bit helps, and every donation is greatly appreciated. Also, every donation that is at least $5 is a tax write-off. If you are able to support me in this mission with a financial donation, you can donate using a debit or credit card at my online fundraising website:


My fundraising page is also linked on my training blog, so you only have to remember:  runlikeajedi.blogspot.com. 

If it is more convenient, you may also make a check or money order out to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and mail it to me at: Krista Neal 1123 W. Will Rogers Stillwater, OK 74075. 

Even if you do not make a donation, please visit my blog and view my training progress. I update it often. Not only do I need your financial support, I need your moral support!

If you have any questions, contact me at kristakaye@hotmail.com or call me at 405-334-3305. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter and helping me to save lives one mile at a time.

Love and kisses,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment